I’m so pleased to be able to share this shoot with Trang and Kevin in Cambridge ahead of their wedding in Switzerland. It was a really fun evening in a super interesting city!
The best Engagement Photography Locations in Cambridge
Congratulations on your engagement! Cambridge is a beautiful city with many stunning locations for engagement photos. Here are a few of my favorites:
- King’s College Chapel. This iconic chapel is one of the most photographed buildings in Cambridge. The stained glass windows, soaring arches, and intricate stonework make for a truly magical backdrop
- The Backs. This stretch of riverside meadows is a popular spot for students and tourists alike. The views of the colleges and the river are simply stunning.
- Magdalen Bridge. This bridge offers stunning views of the River Cam and the city skyline. It’s a great place to capture the romantic atmosphere of Cambridge
- Newnham College. This college is known for its beautiful gardens. The wisteria-covered walls and lush greenery make for a dreamy setting for engagement photos
- The Fitzwilliam Museum. This museum houses a world-renowned collection of art and antiquities. The grand staircase and ornate galleries provide a unique backdrop for engagement photos.
- The Botanic Garden. This garden is home to over 8,000 different plant species. The colorful flowers and lush greenery make for a vibrant and exotic setting for engagement photos.
- Grantchester Meadows. These meadows are located just outside of Cambridge and offer stunning views of the countryside. They’re a popular spot for couples to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Stourbridge Common. This common is located in the heart of Cambridge and offers a variety of different landscapes, from rolling hills to woodland. It’s a great place to find a spot that’s perfect for you and your partner.
When choosing a location for your engagement photos, it’s important to consider your personal style and preferences. What kind of atmosphere are you looking for? Do you want something traditional or something more unique? Once you’ve narrowed down your options, be sure to contact a photographer who has experience shooting in Cambridge. They’ll be able to help you choose the perfect location and create photos that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
Here are a few additional tips for planning your engagement shoot in Cambridge:
- Book your photographer early, especially if you’re getting married during peak season (May-September).
- Be flexible with your schedule. The weather in Cambridge can be unpredictable, so it’s a good idea to have a backup plan in case of rain. Engagement shoots are best planned between April and November.
- Bring a change of clothes. You’ll want to have options if you’re shooting in different locations or if the weather changes.
- Relax and have fun! This is a special time for you and your partner, so enjoy the process and let your love shine through in your photos.
I hope this blog post has helped you plan your engagement shoot in Cambridge. Congratulations again on your engagement!