CREATIVE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
LONDON: 18th October 2017 10am-6pm
Cost £295* including lunch @UP Studio N1 7UX (1 place remaining)
BIRMINGHAM : 25th October 2017 10am-6pm
£295* including lunch @The Studio B2 5EP FULL
*Cost can be split into 2 instalments of £145 and £150 if you prefer.
To book a place or for any content related questions please email me at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
This creative wedding photography workshop is a mixture of creative off camera flash techniques and creative and speedy editing. I will talk about my mindset and my approach to being successful in an increasingly competitive market place. Here are a just a few things that will be covered. You are welcome to bring a camera but it’s not essential.
- Practical demonstration of creative off camera flash techniques
- How I use OCF for each part of the wedding day and which light modifiers to use
- Practical demonstration for creating bokeh and texture in portraits
- In camera multiple exposures and digital composites
- Speed up your workflow and get your life back
- Creative editing in Lightroom and Photoshop
- Self critique and choosing images for competitions, blog, facebook etc.
- My own approach from enquiry to delivery
What will you get out of this?
I’ve been successful in the wedding photography industry for the past 11 years. I went full time 5 years ago and have been fully booked each year since. So I have a lot of knowledge and experience to share.
I was listed in the Fearless Photographers top 10 of 2016 and ranked number 1 in the UK by Wedding Photography Select 2014, 2015 and 2016. I’ve judged the Masters of Wedding Photography competition and the WPS competition. And I used to be a teacher. So hopefully you’ll see that I know what I’m talking about and have the ability to pass my knowledge and skills on to you.
I edit all of my own work to a high standard and it usually takes me between 2 hours 45mins and 4 hours to edit a wedding. This speed is a result of thinking and working smartly and has come about as I have 3 children and not much time to edit.
I like to challenge the norm and question everything. I hope to pose some challenging questions and provide inspiration and motivation to keep you going for a good while.
Feedback from previous courses:
Steven is at the top of his game when it comes to the use of OCF. There was so much to learn and I will adopt certain parts into the way i approach weddings. If you want to learn from one of the masters go on this course! Andrew Griffiths
I have wanted to improve my off camera flash skills at weddings for a while. Steve showed me how he uses OCF at weddings and how it’s achievable to create incredible shots with minimal setup. Steve knows the subject inside out and he shares all his ‘magic’ on the course. I cannot wait to shoot my next wedding and to apply what I have learnt. If you want to improve your OCF skills, book on this course! James Tracey
Steve’s OCF workshop was absolutely brilliant. Really good theoretical content, great tips for the wedding day and a good chance to try some stuff in practice. Highly recommended! 🙂 Andy Zofka
To be notified about future workshops get on the mailing list here…
- Creative Off Camera Flash // 10th March 2017 // Manchester – SOLD OUT
- Edit Like a Boss – Take your editing to the next level // 21st April 2017 // Manchester – SOLD OUT
THE ORIGINAL EDIT LIKE A BOSS WORKSHOP 21st April 2017 – SOLD OUT
Follow my thought process from concept to final edit using Lightroom and Photoshop
CREATIVE OFF CAMERA FLASH – Shoot and edit £275 // 10th March // Manchester – SOLD OUT –
Please drop me an email if you’d like to be the first to hear about future workshops email@example.com
During this course we’ll look at images created with off camera and talk a little about the theory. I’ll go through the wedding day and where and when flash can be used creatively. There’s a more detailed breakdown on the payment page.
- A simple formula for using flash.
- Lighting for different parts of the wedding day. (Prep, speeches, dancing etc)
- using 1,2 or 3 speedlites to create something out of nothing.
- building an image from scratch
- thinking creatively
- Using flash modifiers and coloured gels
- editing your images in lightroom and photoshop
- Multiple exposures
You’ll need to bring your camera and at least one flash and trigger for this workshop (or come with someone you can share with)
EDIT LIKE A BOSS – 21st October 2016 – SOLD OUT
LIGHTROOM FOR BEGINNERS // £89 // 3rd March – Manchester
A half day classroom based course for those who are new to Lightroom.
What I’ll cover
- An overview of how Lightroom works and how to set up your computer to get the best out of it
- Managing your workflow
- Applying and creating presets
- The develop module including colour correction techniques.
- Batch processing
- Quick fixes for common problems
- Creative editing
What’s not covered
– advanced editing, colour theory, shooting, plug-ins, Photoshop.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Up front payment required.